Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Its Summer!!



Its summer and I am officially done with my junior year of school. It has been a hard year and I am definitely glad it is over. Though, there is some bad news I am still not f#@&ing done with flying yet. I had my flight scheduled for Sunday but the winds were gusting at 30 and once that happens the flight line is closed. So not flight and I had to drive home as well. Right now I am sitting at home trying to unpack and take care of a bunch of things before I am off to Houston. Though, tomorrow I will be on the road again back to Prescott, AZ so I can finish the check-ride. the flight is scheduled Friday morning and hopefully if I still have my "mojo" I will pass and then become a multi-engine commercial instrument pilot. This also means that I will be done with the required flight training to graduate with a degree in Aeronautical Science. 

Monday I flew to Houston, TX and spent the day touring the Continental facilities in which I will be working for the summer. It was exciting because I got to meet some of the other interns that I will be working with and some of the interns that are currently working who I will be replacing. As the intern coordinator, I will basically be the intern running the intern program for Continental Airlines. I will be in charge of setting up the training dates for all the interns [including myself] to receive 737 sim time as well as days to tour different facilities around the country. On a day to day basis I learned that I will be working in the Continental Headquarters in downtown Houston. I am a little disappointed that I will not be working at the airport but all is well. Though everyday I will be making daily reports for the flight operations, dispatch, as well as corporate officials. I will be in daily meetings with Flight operations, dispatch, FAA, and other officials about the days operations. I am excited because I will get an insiders view into the day to day operation of an airline. Also many people know but with Continental and United merging I will see what happens when two major airlines merge.

I do not know if I will be able to have detailed information in the blog but I will see what I can do. So looking forward to an exciting summer which maybe a little busier than I am use to but should be a fun one.

Safe Flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment