Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Flying, Flying, Flying.

And so it begins...This week has been pretty good, well so far at least. Thursday morning I boarded a plane bound for Houston and an interview for the Continental Flight Operations Internship. After we (I say we cause on of my friends from school was also interviewing) landed in Houston we met up with the intern coordinator and then walked down to the crew lounge. It was the first time I had been in a crew lounge and it would have made the trip, there were pilots all around resting and hanging out waiting for there next flight. The interview was with the chief pilot and went pretty quick though it had only lasted 20 minutes. After the interview it was straight to the gate and on the plane back to Los Angeles. I will find out sometime next week whether or not I get the internship, so I guess we wait and see.

Stayed in Los Angeles and really just rested until I had to make the long journey back to Prescott. Also I am reviewing for the multi upgrade currently and I flew earlier today. The flight went well though I was a little rusty because it had been a month or so since I had done some of the maneuvers we were practicing. I think I am pretty much ready for the check ride but still have about a couple weeks before my instructor will put me up. Flights have been pretty fun lately especially since I am feeling more and more comfortable in the aircraft. But...with every check-ride there is oral and that is a lot of random information that is really dry and just a whole lot of information that I am suppose to know in a moments notice. All in all it sssuuucccckkkksss. Life goes on though and I will learn everything sooner or later. I will write next week or maybe sooner if i get bored...so I guess you will have to wait and see.

Safe Flight


No comments:

Post a Comment