Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Cleared to Land 16R


Another week another post. I am in the middle of spring break for school and I have been using the time wisely. I flew Monday for the first time in two weeks and it was great to be back in the airplane. It was a long cross-country and by then end of the day I had flown 6.9 hours, having touched down at Santa Barbara (KSBA) and Van Nuys (KVNY).

The trip was pretty straight forward as I followed the same victor airway for the entire trip and only had to make on ten degree turn during cruise, on the way to Santa Barbara. Flying can become pretty boring and there was nothing really going on between Prescott and Palmldale. It was fun flying in the Socal area, its not everyday flying in Prescott that you get told of 737 and Md-80 traffic. It was also the first time I have flown over the ocean as I made a left base for runway 25 into KSBA as well as the lowest I have ever been in an aircraft (13' field elevation). From Santa Barbara to Van Nuys just flew one of the departure procedures and got vectored onto the ILS for 16R; it was also fun seeing jets being vectored above and around me as they proceeded me onto the ILS. Went under the hood for the steep ILS approach into Van Nuys, and made a soft but pretty long landing. My family came and we had a late lunch and stayed in Van Nuys for about two hours before we made are way back to the aircraft and make the trip back to Prescott. The entire trip back I was put under the hood for the 2.9 flight back during the night hours, and again that was a pretty boring flight and I could tell the controller in Los Angeles center were as bored as I was.

So now just reviewing for the check-ride, but traveling back home again first. Also interview for the Continental internship is coming up and I have been getting ready for that. Well that is all for this week, I will keep this posted.

Safe Flight

No comments:

Post a Comment