Tuesday, March 9, 2010

What's all that White stuff Falling on the Ground

Position: Prescott, AZ

Altitude: Ground

Well...still no flying this week my instructor is busy with cross-countries with his other students so currently he has no time for me. But, I am not complaining cause a week off from flying is a welcome experience. Its not that I do not want to go flying...and I am not saying that my love of flying has gona the way of the dotto bird its just flying is not what I think it should be. Since I go to ERAU flying is school all my flying is for training purposes which make flying not fun.

Don't get me wrong flying is still fun its just everytime I get in an airplane its for a grade after the end of every flight my instructor grades my from start-up to shut-down and securing the aircraft. All this grading add a lot of pressure to flying. Before every flight I am worried about knowing everything I need to know and whether or not I am going to have a good flight. If i do really bad on a flight I have to do the entire flight over again which means paying for an extra flight that was unneeded, and when you are paying for you flight training that get extremely expensive.

But good news occuring this week is that I have been applying for internships with Clay Lacy in Van Nuys, Amerifight in Burbank, and Continental in Houston. I have an interview with Clay Lacy later this week, and next week I have an interview with conntinental. The Continental interview is in Houston and they are flying me out to Houston for the interview, so excited for those and perparing good answers so I can land one of these internships.

Another reason that I am not flying is the weather has been pretty bad all week with it peaking yesterday. So even if I was being scheduled this week I would not have flown regardless.

I will keep you guys posted!

Safe Flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment