Thursday, June 24, 2010

"TOGA, Flaps 15, Check Power..."





Right now I have reiderated to myself that flying airplanes is fun, and I know exactly what I want to be doing for the rest of my life. Since Monday I have been in training sessions in the full motion simulator or the 737-800. This is the best thing I have done in a long time and it is so much fun, and I personally think the larger the airplane gets the easier it is to fly. Flying a commercail jet I believe as for stick a rudder flying is a lot easier then flying light aircraft, because it is more stable maneuvering happens at a slower pace [ie you are not rolling as fast as you can in a light aircraft] so you can be more precise. The hard part about flying commercial jets are the "callouts," there are so many and the checklist are longer so that adds to what you have to know when flying.

The training has gone really well except for I am having trouble with the callouts, especially when stuff goes wrong like engine failure.  Once I get those down I think it will make things much easier.

As for the rest of my life well for now that is my life work is slow because the bosses want us to concentrate on are training and other then traveling I nothing much is going on. I here some airlines are hiring pilots which is a good sign I just wish I had enough hours to apply for them but hopefully this means in the next few yeas more airlines begin hiring again.

As for traveling I went to Toronto which was fun first time to Canada saw some stuff walked around. For this week as of now Chicago looks open so I may go there this weekend. Chicago has been on my list since the start so hopefully I get to go I really want authentic deep dish pizza [Uno's can't wait]. I will keep this posted with new stuff

Safe Flight

No comments:

Post a Comment