Friday, November 25, 2011

My Status

     Well it has been over a year since the last time I posted here and overall it has been a roller coaster of a year. Highlights include traveling the world, graduating college, and learning more about flying in the past few months than I have in the last four years. Last time I checked in I was near the end of the of internship with Continental Airlines [now United], I would consider the internship one of the best experience of my life. If you are looking to becoming an airline pilot and have the opportunity to do an internship with an airline, there should be no hesitation. Not only will you gain valuable experience into the inner workings of an airline, but you will also meet  people who could be of help later in your career. Not to mention perks like free flights around the world and getting time in advance flight simulators. Since my last update I traveled to Frankfurt, Germany and Dublin, Ireland. Both trips were very short but the fact that I could fly to those places first class was amazing. 
     After returning back to school it was a pretty uneventful senior year. I decided that I was going to take a break from flying and just be a normal college student with 5 classes. In hind sight that was not one of my smartest decisions. All in all it was a year filled with classes, girls, parties, and adventures. The only flying related thing I accomplished during this past school year was completing CFI/II ground school in which I took the FOI, FIA, and FII written test. Graduation is exactly what you would expect it to be so no further information there. Big news at the beginning of summer was being excepted into the CFI Fast Track Program [less prestigious than it sounds]. Basically over the summer you were to complete CFI/II training when you finished you were guaranteed an interview for a flight instructor position. I wanted to become a CFI for many reasons, first and foremost was it was a job. Secondly, I would be getting paid to fly while building hours. Lastly, it would give me a chance to give back to aviation and maybe help a young pilot fulfill his/her aviation dream.  Ok that last part was really corny but what is cooler than talking all day about something you love.
     More to come I figure life is actually a little more interesting now that I have more aviation related things going on in my life.


Safe Flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment